Take Legal Action Against The Misdiagnosis Of A Heart Attack Or Stroke
The accurate and prompt diagnosis of a heart attack or stroke can often be the difference between life and death or the continuation of a healthy life and one of disability. It is certainly possible to experience a heart attack or stroke and go on to live a healthy life.
Unfortunately, people who suffer strokes and heart attacks sometimes go undiagnosed, and that can lead to debilitating, life-altering injuries – even after what may have been a very minor heart attack or stroke. If you or a family member has left a hospital, emergency room or urgent care facility undiagnosed after experiencing symptoms of a heart attack or stroke, you should contact our law firm immediately if symptoms recur or any unusual health issue develops.
At Leeseberg & Valentine, we recognize unique misdiagnosis of heart attack and stroke cases. Based in Columbus, we handle some of the most complex cases of medical malpractice in Ohio, and our firm is well-known for recovering record-breaking verdicts and settlements. Our founding attorneys are both certified civil trial advocates by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and we consult with some of the world’s top cardiologists who also serve as expert witnesses on behalf of our clients.
How Does A Doctor Fail To Diagnose A Heart Attack?
Common misdiagnoses for heart attacks involve:
- Misdiagnosing symptoms as acid reflux, a pulled muscle, poor circulation or another benign condition
- Overlooking symptoms because of a patient’s otherwise good health
- Failing to order proper diagnostic tests
- Failing to interpret test results correctly
- Failing to conduct a proper physical exam or medical history
- Failing to prescribe appropriate medication
How Does A Doctor Fail To Diagnose A Stroke?
Failing to diagnose a stroke may involve:
- Overlooking symptoms because the patient is young or otherwise does not fit the usual profile of a stroke victim
- Misdiagnosing symptoms as a migraine headache, inner ear infection, low blood sugar or seizure
- Failing to properly monitor blood-thinning medications
Please Contact Us To Schedule A Free Consultation With A Lawyer
Our on-staff, full-time nurses help our lawyers investigate and prepare every case we handle for trial. Whether your case requires courtroom advocacy, we are always prepared to persuasively argue your case in front of a judge and jury. Our reputation for achieving maximum results often allows us to recover full and fair compensation on behalf of our clients in negotiation without the need for litigation.